29 July 2022

Jane Medwell

I learnt beekeeping from my mother in the 1970s, when the activity was rather different. In 1999 I set up my own apiary in Warwickshire and joined WLBKA. I have found learning about changes and developments in beekeeping an ongoing enjoyment. In my early years of beekeeping, I kept around 40 hives and learnt a good deal about keeping bees on a larger scale. However, I realised that my interests are in the study of beekeeping rather than honey production.  Since 2010 I have reduced my hive numbers to a maximum of a dozen in two or three apiaries near my home. This has allowed me to experiment with methods of queen rearing and do more training and education activities at branch, county, and national levels.I have been a Master Beekeeper since 2013. I remain committed to keeping my knowledge relevant and am currently studying for the BBKA microscopy certificate and NDB. My professional experience is as an Associate Professor in Education with a special interest in primary and i...

from British Beekeepers Association https://ift.tt/UdyWItN
via gqrds

No comments: